So I’ve been reading up on a lot of blogs lately and I came across this one blog that I think is very Inspirational. I’m all for positive vibes and a good dose of inspo once in a while and this blog has totally changed how i look at life in general. It’s called Marc and Angel Hack Life. Marc and Angel are life coaches and try to give perspective on different issues. I decided to put up one of their posts up today just to Inspire you and you can check out their website whenever you can.
12 Things You Need to Remind Yourself of When You Wake Up
- Today can be great, but only if you make it so. – The truth is that if you want something then you need to make it happen for yourself. You need to work for it. Whether or not today is a great day doesn’t depend on the weather. It doesn’t depend on your “mood” (that’s also within your control). It doesn’t depend on anyone else. If you want to have a pleasant and productive day then choose to have one. It’s all about your perception and what you choose to believe and do.
- There is a lot you CAN control. – There are plenty of things in life that are out of our control, but don’t let this fool you into believing that your life as a whole is out of your control. The reality is, the life you are living is almost entirely by your own design. You have made many little choices along the way that led you down the road you’re currently traveling.
- You do not need anyone’s constant approval. – The need for approval is like an addiction. If you base all your actions on the approval of others, ultimately you find yourself running in place, sacrificing your own happiness. Don’t put the key to your happiness in someone else’s pocket. Learn how to say “no” to people and obligations that do not add value to your life. Your time on this planet is precious. As the saying goes, “What you do today is important, because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.” Don’t wait around for someone else to give you permission to live.
- Complaining is useless unless you can suggest a solution. – Do not be a constant complainer. It doesn’t help you and it certainly doesn’t help your relationships. If you do not like your current situation, work towards changing it, but don’t just sit around complaining about it. Complaining will only make others nearby not want to be around you. Be someone that looks at the positive aspects of situations. And if you do find a problem that needs to be addressed, be someone that suggests a solution. The bottom line is that you will never get to where you want to be by complaining about where you are now. Each step in your life is preparing you for the one that comes after it.
- Success is a lifestyle, not a result. – Success is not crossing over some arbitrary finishing line. It’s the ability to fight the good fight day in and day out. Success is strength – the strength to keep pushing and to keep living your life on your own terms. Success isn’t an end result. It’s a state of being. You don’t win success. You are a success every day.
- The fact that you haven’t given up is a success in itself. – It may give you little comfort to think about how you’re still waist deep in the struggle, but the truth is you are one of the strong people with the guts to keep at it. Many people give up before they even begin, but not you. No, you wake up every day and get things done. You crawl inch by inch against the current because you refuse to give up. You refuse to accept mediocrity. You refuse to listen to others when they tell you that you’re not good enough. You’re still in it, fighting the good fight.
- In every tough situation, kindness must be attempted first. – People may make ugly comments. The airline carrier may lose your baggage. Another driver may cut you off in rush-hour traffic. These situations will happen daily. The question is: How are you going to respond? Although your first response, like many others, will be to get upset, why not try a different approach? Anger in these situations never solves problems. People are far more likely to respond aptly to kindness. And you can be kind and be firm at the same time. Get your point across without sacrificing your integrity. It’s the only response you will not regret later.
- Bullies and energy vampires are not worth worrying about. – We sometimes allow the wrong people to take up too much space in our heads and hearts. We meet energy vampires and bullies regularly – especially when we live in a big city or work in a large, cutthroat corporate environment. These individuals will try to get to you – they will try to influence you and become a part of your life because they find their own life to be mundane. Don’t let them get to you
- If someone hurts you, don’t take it personally. – Don’t let compliments get to your head and don’t let insults get to your heart. Most people can only give others what they have received themselves. All your actions and words should come from a place of love, but not everyone will be loving in return, and that’s OK.
- Your focused presence matters. –Do not be so addicted to a screen that you miss out on the opportunity to enjoy real life unfolding in front of you. Learn to disconnect. Learn to slow down. Give people your full and undivided attention and refocus on nurturing real human connections.
- Good things in life end too soon when they aren’t appreciated. – This isn’t to say that appreciating what you have when you have it comes naturally – our minds tend to consider the possibility that the grass on the other side is greener. But we need to mindfully remind ourselves that life isn’t about constantly upgrading things. To live a happy, fulfilling life we have to learn to appreciate and love what we have. If you fall in love then do your sincere best to nurture your love. Don’t wait for things to end before you start appreciating them.
- Today is a blessing. – Getting another day to breathe, to experience life, and to do something meaningful is the greatest gift one can receive. Make today count!
Sweater Dress with Lace Detail: Gifted// White and Gold Heels: Angelo(Similar Here)// Bag: Mum’s Old Purse//
Necklace: Mr. Price// Bracelets: DIY(Similar Here)// Rings and Earrings: Stall in Town.
Follow us on Instagram @kaytween and @karolmaina and don’t forget to leave us a comment.